Monday, March 19, 2007

what I felt about my source

I had a hard time trying to come up with a way to depict my source. My source is film score and I couldn't figure out a way to depict something like music in a way that was not time based. But then I remembered my assignment from presemester, when I had to draw sound, and did the same thing for this project. I had a to go through each song a couple of times to help myself imagine what each track looked like. I also took into consideration the what colors each track make me think of.

I really didn't like this project based on the fact that I had to work on a project in a medium that I was not comfortable with. I have to do work in my other classes in mediums that I am not comfortable in (drawing, form study) and I expect that in visual language I am able to use video and work in my prefered medium seeing as how there is no way to incorporate it into my other classes. Based on that idea I was irritated with this project and in reality, just want to move on to our next project where, hopefully, I will be able to work on a project in a time based medium again.

No comments: