Friday, March 9, 2007

source


www.foureyedmonsters.com

There are a couple of things that inspire me to create but the major ones would be film and music. There are films that I watch and afterwards they make me want to pick up my camera and start shooting. This happened specificlly with one film called "Four Eyed Monsters". I discovered a video podcast that the filmmakers were doing about the process of making the film and how they met in real life and how they felt about their own work. Up until this point I knew I wanted to make movies but I didnt have anything to say in any of my projects, I felt like I was just regurgitating all the tarantino and scorsese films I have watched and was not being original. But when I saw that these people felt the same way about their work as I did about mine it really inspired me. I talked to them about this and we still talk to this day and they continue to inspire me and give me ideas about new projects.



The other source of inspiration I have is music, especially film score. the way I determine if I like a song or not is if I can feel an emotion from listening to it. It doesnt have to be any specific emotion but when I hear the song and I can pinpoint any emotion to it, I will know I can use it in a project in the future. Sometimes I will hear a song and will come up with an idea for a video based on it. So music is a key source of inspiration for me.

No comments: