Monday, January 29, 2007

Turrell's work at the ICA

I went in to the ICA with the intention of looking at this piece to get the asignment over with and walked into the room it was in and my first impression was "what's the big deal?" It seemed like it was just a red block of light being projected on the wall but then I noticed something, I noticed how people were putting their hands up and it seemed as if they were pushing right into the wall, it was one of the strangest things I ever saw. I went up closer to the piece and got lost in it, it looked as if it was an infinite tunnel of light and it had me perplexed. I noticed a lot of the people coming up to it were immidiately trying to see how it was done and it was irritating me a bit. If they would stop trying to look at how it was done and would just look into the light then they would get a lot more out of it. It's good sometimes to suspend yourself in disbelief.

No comments: